Monday, December 6, 2010

2nd guideline for freedom in christ

Groom, TexasImage via Wikipedia
Pick Up your Cross Daily


The Cross we are to pick up daily is not our own croos but the cross of CHRIST. Paul wrote,"I have been crucified in Christ;and it is no longer I who live, but Christ that lives inme; and the life whicch I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the SON of GOD, who loved me and Gave Himself up for me" (Galations 2:20). His cross provided forgiveness from what I have done and deliverence from what I was. I am forgivenBECAUSE hw DIED IN MY PLACE; i AM DELIVERED BECAUSE i died with him! i AM BOTH JUSTIFIED AND POSITIONALLY SANCTIFIED AS A RESULT OF THE CROSS.
To pick up the cross daily means to acknowledge every day that I belong to GOD. I have been purchased by the blood of THE LORD JESUS CHRIST(1 Peter 1:18-19). When I pick up the cross I affirm that my Identity is not based in my physical existence but in my relationship with GOD. I am a child of GOD(1John 3:1-3). My life is IN CHRIST, Because HE is my LIFE(Colosians 3:3,4). I am starting to see that it is all about CHRIST and not about me. STEP 2 came to believe a power greater than my self can restore me to sanity.
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

Benjamen Long, Pastor said...

...true "freedom" can only be found through His Sacrifice.